Thursday, October 20, 2011

Well, It Happened

The person, you know, that crispy fried Asian noodle that called me the other day and told me that someone would call?  Well, he did - this morning.  I -- was -- ready.  A man started realing off a bunch of words that couldn't be separated with a sharp knife and I stopped him flat.

"Stop.  Don't talk LOUDER, talk SLOWER.

He did.

Well, I want'ch  to know, I was blown away.  He was NICE.  He ruined my whole grouchy attitude.  I couldn't do anything but listen and answer his questions - in monotone - low monotone.  I was ready to be tacky and he pushed that tacky plumb out the door.

Now, guess what , I don't have to go pick up my blood testing suplies anymore, plus, I get a new meter.  He even wished me a good day.  I sat there like a dry, day old, Southern biscuit.  All I could think of to say was "thank you" and "good by".  He left me with a huge, huge hairlip.

Somestimes it is hard to change instantly from wanting to chew someone out and spit them in the trash, to being civil.  Especially when they have no idea that you've been gnawing on them for two days. 

I think what I had better do is give myself a serious attitude adjustment.  And I'm not talking about the way people on the phone upset me.  There's others that send me into outer space too, like drivers.

I don't have time, and should not worry about people throwing me into a tizzy.  I'm old enough to know that they can't do that if I don't let them.  So, from now on, I'm going to try to control myself.  I shall take the high road and let others have the gutter, thank you.

To begin, I've got a whole pot of fresh coffee in my kitchen, and I'm gonna go drink it.  May even have a piece of cake - or chocolate.  Shoot, I might even have both.  If you want a cup, come on by.  I promise to be nice.

Don't let anybody get'ch down - OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment