Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Yep! I'm a True Blond

      I've been a true-blond all my life until I turned white-headed.  Problem is my brain has not changed. I want to tell you that those things they call blond jokes - they're actually just true-blond stories.  And I gave the man at the FIXIT shop a dozie he can tell for a long time.  I'll bet those men in that shop rolled in the floor laughing after I left, which was just a few minutes ago.
      My story is I've been having a little trouble with my cell phone.  I had charged it and couldn't get the thing to turn back on.  Worked for about four days, charging it, then trying to turn it on and absolutely nothing happened.  I needed it on so that I could use it.  I don't use it a lot, but when I need it I really need it.
      Finally, I broke down and took it  to the FIXIT store out on Coulter.  Started to go to Walmart 'cause it probably would be cheaper, but I was in a hurry and needed to get it fixed - now.
      Walked into the store and told a man behind the counter that I didn't know a lot about cell phones, but that I had charged mine and now I couldn't get it to turn on.
      He took it in his hand and since it't a flip phone, he opened it.  Well when he did, the screen that had been solid black for days, turned white with a little 'something' in the middle, and then, what I call the opening screen came on.
      It's a wonder a person four blocks away couldn't hear my chin hittin' the floor.  That man hadn't done anything but just open it.  I had opened it so many times it's a wonder the hinges were still working.  I couldn't believe. it.
     "It's on" he said.
      I'm sure he thinks I'm the dumbest old woman that ever lived.  I'm not, I swear i am not, close maybe, but there's a whole lot that are stupider than me,I'm just sure of it.
      Anyway, I thanked him very nicely and left.
      My problem now, is the next time I need to charge that apparatus, do I turn it off, or leave it on.  And if so, how do I turn it off.  I don't even know how to leave it on.  Haven't worried about that, it just always seems to be on.  That is, 'till it goes dead.  Then I charge it.  At least that's what's happened before.  Now I'm not sure what to expect.  I wish I had a book for that sucker.
      Shoot, why DID they do away with books with instructions?  Us ol' fogies can still read - at least most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment