Thursday, February 24, 2011

Have You Ever Seen A Wrinkled Nose?

It may be because I took my shower late this morning and my eyes were fully open, but when I looked in the mirror the only part of my face that didn't have wrinkles was my nose.  Now, I'm not talking about that line where my glasses have been sitting for the last 100 years, I'm talking about the main nose, you know, that part where air goes in and out.  Mine looks the same as always, not pretty, large and fat, but it's not wrinkled.

Mother didn't have wrinkles on her face, at least not many, and they weren't deep, but then I've outlived her by seven years already.  I don't remember Daddy having any wrinkles at all.  Men don't seem to have that problem.  If they do, it just adds character.  Adds character to women too - just not the right kind.

Now Grandma had wrinkles - major wrinkles.  You hear people say "She's got a road map on her face."  Well Grandma had several road maps on hers.  Believe me, she had plenty of character too, even being a Baptist preacher's wife.  Holy macaroni, it appears I'm gonna look just like her - at least in the face. She was an even six feet tall and her top weight was one hundred five.  If I stretched to six feet I wouldn't get down to a hundred five.  However, my wrinkles aren't quiet as bad as hers - yet.  'Course, I've outlived her too.

Mother faithfully used Ponds Cold Cream every night, so, years ago I bought a big jar.  Been usin' that Ponds Cold Cream every since.  Still I'm gettin' those blasted wrinkles.  Well, just last week a friend and I made a trip to Dillard's, because Estee Lauder was havin' a promotion where if you spent thirty five dollars you got a bunch of free stuff.

I bought Perfectionist -Wrinkle Lifting Serum, Corrector for Lines/Wrinkles/Age Spots.Think it cost somewhere around fifty to sixty bucks.  Along with cleanser, lipstick, and eye shadow I received (free) Time Zone - Line and Wrinkle Reducing Cream SPF15.  At home, I looked in a drawer and along with some Avon Dramatic Firming Cream, that my friend gave me, and my Ponds Cold Cream, I found several tubes and jars of Mary Kay Time Wise (age fighting stuff), some Estee Lauder Resilience (firming lotion I paid about eighty smackers for in Dallas years ago), some prescription lanolin they gave me in the hospital a couple of years ago because my face and lips were dry and cracking, and a tube of Equate Hemorrohoidal Cream that somebody said was good for wrinkles.  You know, if I use all that slicky stuff at one time, my face might just slide right off my head.

But I bet I wouldn't have wrinkles on my nose.

2 comments:

  1. Johnnie...you are blogging...I'm so proud of you. I remember Ponds Cold Cream. My problem is with sagging. I keep finding my cheeks dropped down around my neck. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it is a memory thing but I seem to remember your mother having wrinkles. And as I sit here thinking of you I do not remember you with wrinkles. Could be just how we think of our mothers though.

    ReplyDelete